Friday, October 16, 2009

Maiden Voyage

I have written this first post over and over in my head. I must say, there has been some great stuff you all missed out on. It has been funny, touching, and sometimes insightful. There have been cute moments with the kids and ironic life observations. It's too bad the second I sit in front of the computer, I can't remember any of it. Or worse yet, the tidbit I wanted to share doesn't seem so post-worthy when seen in actual print.

I have talked myself out of starting this blog a few times. I worry that people will take me wrong (there is no special font for sarcasm), or perhaps, leave a negative comment. There will be typos and punctuation errors, more than any home-schooling mom should make. People will write in and say I shouldn't home school since I don't use semi-colons correctly (or ever), and why would I write all that stuff anyway with my attitude.

If this were a "me" thing, I wouldn't start this blog. The truth is, the idea that we should have one won't leave me alone. We do have something to share. My hope is you will see how normal, average, and doable a family like ours is. We have no special skills, extra patience, or greater organizational abilities. There are no hidden angel wings, large incomes, or even a slight love for doing laundry. I sincerely hope that you walk away thinking, "Well if SHE can do it......"

While this is our family blog, it is also an adoption blog. Actually, it might be an adoption-advocating, homeschooling, large family blog. I know... there goes normal and average, but believe it or not, there are a several great ones like this out in blog-land already. I plan to link them to my blog soon. I encourage you to read what they have to say. You will find such beautiful hearts for adoption and, I am fairly certain, correct usage of the semi-colon.

1 comment:

  1. Well if SHE; can do it...:-) great blog Jana! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete