Today, Billy and I took Reagan and visited his orphanage. He really didn't spend much time there. For the most part, he lived with a foster family in a village 4 hours away. Visits there are forbidden, so we went to the orphanage.
They are widely known for their secretiveness. We learned nothing new about Reagan and his past. The facility is very nice by anyone's standards. It is the cleanest place I have ever seen. We saw a few children, perhaps 20 in all, and several workers. Everyone was very nice and welcoming, but we were not allowed to photograph the inside of the building.
Reagan didn't act like he knew anyone. If someone came to talk to him his eyes slid away from them and he gave no indication he heard. However, I did notice his little arm snake up higher around Billy's neck. He hung on tight to his daddy the whole time.
Declan and Reagan played together today. Reagan is a little mimic and will try to say all kinds of words. Declan is not going to be outdone by him and has started saying words also. His first word was, "No-no", of course.
The first time we heard that one was at Reagan's adoption ceremony. We had just gotten Reagan, the Spanish families were all in the same room with their new kids, and my guide was shoving paperwork at me in a well-meaning attempt to get us out of there. Over all the noise I heard Declan's gleeful, "No-no, no-no, no-no!" "Did you hear him?", Jarrett shouted over the din. "I taught him how to say no-no!" Perfect. My guide chose that moment to ask me, "Do you wish to adopt this child (Reagan)?" "Yes!", I said, "Fast!". This was my fifth adoption and I tell you, it was fast!
We leave for Guangzhou tomorrow afternoon. It will be late by the time we get to the hotel, so I doubt we will be able to post. Hopefully, we will have nothing to really post about. We are praying the boys do well on the airplane tomorrow.
Be back as soon as we can!
Alright, I'm officially stalking you guys. I'll go ahead and assume that all is going smooth and calm and peaceful down there in Guangzhou. I hope the boys did okay on the plane. Can't wait to read your next update! *hinthinthint!!*
ReplyDelete